The IO500 Committee is announcing a call for a new trial committee member. The committee
participation requirements are posted on the
webpage. Any interested party should
evaluate the participation requirements webpage and the qualification requirements below
and potentially submit a nomination. Self nominations or nominations of others are
If a deadline extension is requested, please contact the committee.
New Committee Member Qualifications
- An open, worldwide call for submissions for committee membership should be announced
with a 21-day window for submissions. Submissions are to be sent to the
committee(a)io500.org email address.
- Anyone can either self-nominate or be nominated by others.
- Qualified nominees meet the following technical criteria
- Publications at well-respected venues related to storage and IO within the HPC
community within the last 5 years. Enterprise and scale-out focused storage venues may
also qualify at the discretion of the permanent committee members.
- Demonstrable basic knowledge of how IOR, MDTEST, and the find phase work for the
benchmark. This list will be changed as the benchmark evolves reflecting the current tool
- Ability to attend a video conference 2-3 times per month (but scheduled weekly with
expected cancellations) with a 4-6 hours per month total time commitment. Additional time
will be required around the SC and ISC events to qualify entries and organize the SC and
ISC events. Other special projects may require additional time as well.
- Ability to attend most SC and ISC events to present without financial support from
- Desire to grow support and trust in IO500 as a standard approach for comparing and
understanding scale-up storage systems.
To ensure the broadest global support for IO500 and to ensure diverse opinions, preference
will be given to qualified nominations that address the following:
- The additional global region represented (North America, South America, Europe, Asia,
Australia, Middle East/North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa)
- Gender representation improvement
- Racial representation improvement
The IO500 Committee