The IO500 Committee is announcing a call for a new trial committee member. The committee participation requirements are posted on the https://vi4io.org/io500/rules/committee-membership webpage. Any interested party should evaluate the participation requirements webpage and the qualification requirements below and potentially submit a nomination. Self nominations or nominations of others are encouraged.
If a deadline extension is requested, please contact the committee.
New Committee Member Qualifications
- An open, worldwide call for submissions for committee membership should be announced with a 21-day window for submissions. Submissions are to be sent to the committee(a)io500.org email address.
- Anyone can either self-nominate or be nominated by others.
- Qualified nominees meet the following technical criteria
- Publications at well-respected venues related to storage and IO within the HPC community within the last 5 years. Enterprise and scale-out focused storage venues may also qualify at the discretion of the permanent committee members.
- Demonstrable basic knowledge of how IOR, MDTEST, and the find phase work for the benchmark. This list will be changed as the benchmark evolves reflecting the current tool suite.
- Ability to attend a video conference 2-3 times per month (but scheduled weekly with expected cancellations) with a 4-6 hours per month total time commitment. Additional time will be required around the SC and ISC events to qualify entries and organize the SC and ISC events. Other special projects may require additional time as well.
- Ability to attend most SC and ISC events to present without financial support from IO500.
- Desire to grow support and trust in IO500 as a standard approach for comparing and understanding scale-up storage systems.
To ensure the broadest global support for IO500 and to ensure diverse opinions, preference will be given to qualified nominations that address the following:
- The additional global region represented (North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Middle East/North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa)
- Gender representation improvement
- Racial representation improvement
The IO500 Committee